Monday, January 30, 2012

THEY DO EXIST!

I've definitely dated my share of frogs... and married a couple of them in fact.

I had even begun to think that REAL gentlemen didn't exist anymore.  Guess what... THEY DO EXIST.

I have been on a few "drink dates" lately... you know - we don't really know each other so let's not commit to dinner but a drink can be easily cut short if needed with the excuse of an early meeting... And for the record, Drink dates typically occur during the week... I mean, Friday and Saturday night is reserved for REAL dates, right?

Well Last Tuesday, I had a drink date scheduled with TDH - (Tall Dark and Handsome) but when he got their he immediately began showing promising signs of "chivalry"... Opening doors... walking behind me... and then we decided to commit to dinner.

It was lovely.  We both had a beer and both had a salmon topped salad.  It was the best 2 hours of conversation EVAH.  The evening culminated with him walking me to my car (!!!) and a very respectable first kiss.

Ok, truth?  the kiss was awkward because I was caught off guard... it definitely was not my best work... but he told me that he wanted to see me again and I hoped it wasn't a line.

That was Tuesday.  Wednesday I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I was waiting by my phone like a love-struck teenager... it was sad...

so imagine my utter delight when I got the best TEXT EVER!

"Per Dating Rule #7, Section 43, Subsection h, paragraph3; I am waiting the requisite three days before I communicate with you.  Today is Day #1.  Thank you for your patronage and continued support."

Clever?  YES.

Humorous?  OF COURSE

Totally made me laugh but more importantly, confirmation that YES... he's thinking of me too.  and I totally dig that.

More on the dating saga with TDH to come but for now I must get back to work... you know to pay the bills and stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment